Software I use to Get Stuff Done
- 1 Sep, 2023
I love finding great software to help me get stuff done. Here is a collection of applications that I install whenever I’m setting up a new Mac.
These are all really exceptional applications that I can’t live without.
- Alfred - control your Mac, launch applications and workflows without leaving the keyboard.
- AnyBox - manage your bookmarks outside of your browser. Useful if you run multiple browsers.
- AudioWrangler - the missing audio manager, let’s you prioritize the order of your Input & Output audio devices in macOS
- Choosy - a browser chooser which lets you control which browser opens when you click a link. Good if you like to run multiple browsers or Chrome profiles.
- Darkroom - macOS photo editor focused on ease of use. Great UI.
- Fantastical - excellent Calendar replacement
- Hammerspoon - macOS window manager
- Homebrew - easily install and maintain terminal packages
- iTerm - macOS terminal replacement. If you’re in the terminal a lot, you’ll want to install this
- Parsec - great application for remotly accessing your PC & Mac
- PopClip - define instant actions to run on selected text
- Typinator - text expansion saves you typing
- Visual Studio Code
- Vivaldi - a Chrome based browser with better privacy controls